The Drum Kit-Kit OCHO
The OCHO supports up to eight drum pads. (up from six with the DKK-AI) The Ocho is a great choice for both tinkerers and musicians. The OCHO is even easier to build, the circuit comes pre-soldered, programmed and tested using surface mounted parts. You only have to solder the connectors. Also available fully assembled.
On board note assignment, expansion port, and hackable with the Arduino IDE, with digital pins to spare the DKK Ocho is an awesome and customizable MIDI controller.
Connect to a MIDI sampler, or directly to your computer using our free to download Serial-to-MIDI software solution, or a standard MIDI-USB interface.
The DKK Ocho has connections for up to 8 drum pads and has our Roadie (optional on the DKK AI) built in. This version comes mostly built (like all of our drum kits, you get to make your own drum pads).
- Onboard ATmega
- All SMD parts pre-soldered, programmed and tested
- Screw terminals for the drum pad connections (makes connecting the drum pads easier).
- Includes piezos for eight drum pads.
- On board Din-5 MIDI-out jack (Use the DKK OCHO, with your other MIDI equipment).
- FTDI compatible 90 degree pin header (makes it easy to re-program or use our Serial to MIDI software and your computer).
- DC 2.1mm power jack (power the DKK OCHO while on the road).
- Expansion port for hacking and future accessories
- Four corner mounting holes (Build the OCHO into a project box).
- On board voltage regulator.
- Power selector jumper. USB (via optional FTDI cable) or DC power jack.
- Lots of fun
Documentation and downloads:
Build Instructions: Drum Kit OCHO Build Instructions PDFBuild Instructions: Drum Kit OCHO Build Instructions PDF
Download: Drum Kit Kit OCHO Arduino Sketch v3b
Download: Serial - MIDI Converter: v2c for Macintosh This is our recommended version.
Download: Serial - MIDI Converter: v2c for Windows This is our recommended version.
FTDI Programming / Tuning connection: Micro USB FTDI Buddy or almost any FTDI style cable / adapterFTDI Programming / Tuning connection: Micro USB FTDI Buddy or almost any FTDI style cable / adapter
Micro USB Cable: For use with the Micro USB FTDI Buddy
MIDI-MIDI Cable: To connect directly to your MIDI sampler
USB-MIDI Cable: Easily connect the DKK Ocho to your compute